Our Big Picture Engagement Artist and coordinator
One year full time post £20,000 pa.
Our Big Picture Ltd (OBP) is a social enterprise and we believe that everyone has the right to art in their lives.
Through artists, we work inclusively with our communities to enable everyone to take part in, experience, and enjoy art at its best, resulting in the collective exploration, learning, sharing, and shaping of our town and our unique culture.
OBP work with everybody, specifically, children, young people, and families, and their wider communities.
A partnership with Our Big Picture Ltd and NE Lincolnshire council has seen successful funding by Arts Council England for a third year to deliver contemporary arts programme through physical and blended engagement on Grimsby’s Top Town Market. Programme includes:-
1. A yearlong artist in residence with artist Anna Bean – ‘Monkey, Pig & Pie’, which uses the communities’ resource of memory and knowledge of the ‘heritage of the high street’ as a rich source of inspiration for the residency through artistic interventions. The Imaginarium is a Pop-Up maker’s shop that extends the residency and supports young people looking to developing their own practice. It aims to engage and nurture young creatives 8yrs to 29yrs to allow them to understand the transformative effect of art; the ability to make something with value from ideas and effort.
3. Sessional drop-ins (under COVID restrictions), art clubs and arts
4. Performance space for music
5. Markets and specialist fairs including Teenage Market
This unique space has become a focal point to an original arts programme that focuses on ‘Visual Arts and Making’ and is an Arts Award centre.
Other OBP projects include – a Neurodiversity artist’s commission, Art in the Minster, public realm engagement and artwork commissions.
We are looking for an exceptional creative person who is passionate about arts engagement and works within a social or participatory practice to shape and create experiences where nobody is excluded. You will be working as part of a growing team that brings new creative opportunities to our town and region.
You will be instrumental in developing, coordinating, and delivering exciting programmes of activities across public realm commissions and Arts Council England funded projects including Art in the Market.
You will work alongside and be responsible to the Creative and Managing Director and you will be instrumental in shaping future development of the organisation, with ambition to push boundaries of social practice engagement physically and virtually through blended engagement.
Employment: One-year full time contract starting May 2021
Application closing date: 5pm Friday 16th April 2021
Location: Grimsby, NE Lincolnshire
Salary: This is initially offered as a one-year fixed term post that will be working a 37.5 hour week with a salary of £20,000 pa. We are seeking funding to secure this post into the future and part of the role will include gathering evidence to support these funding applications. Working a mix of weekdays and some Saturday’s.
Artform: Visual Arts
Contact: Paula Denton BA (Hons), Managing and Creative Director firstname.lastname@example.org
- Be a creative individual who has an ability to inspire creativity and curiosity about the arts in others.
- Experience of nurturing, liaising and working with children and young people, families, schools and communities and developing and delivering visual arts social engagement and participation programmes
- Relevant qualification to degree level
- Experience of blended engagement
- Arts Award trained to the minimum of Bronze level and/or prepared to undertake further training
- Have good online skills
- A good understanding of safeguarding and child protection procedures
- Good communicator, self-motivated and highly organised
- Have an understanding of required evaluation and keep good records
- Have a good understanding of the Quality Principles
- DBS checked or prepared to undertake this
- Reporting to MD and work as part of a creative team
- Responsible for developing, coordinating and delivery of engagement programmes across all OBP projects
- Working some Saturdays (term time) and weekdays – The Market is open Tuesday, Thursday, Fridays and Saturday
- Review and implement safeguarding and child protection procedures
- Responsible in managing support/mentor artists
- Gain sign up to sessions
- Review and develop evaluation and engagement processes
- Assist in keep social media and website up to date
There will be regular meetings at OBP studio POD on Grimsby Top Town Market and working from home. We are currently working within Government Covid guidelines and risk assessments with our partners.
For an informal discussion about this post please contact Paula Denton, Managing and Creative Director, Our Big Picture Ltd 07793 114 180 and to apply please send CV with examples of practice to email@example.com
Deadline: 5pm Friday 16th April 2021